Driving an air brake equipped vehicle, Class D in Ontario which is defined as.. allows you to drive a motor vehicle exceeding 11,000 kilograms (24,000 lb) gross weight or registered gross weight, or any combination of motor vehicle exceeding a total gross weight or registered gross weight of 11,000 kilograms (24,000 lb) and towed vehicle not exceeding a total gross weight of 4,600 kilograms (10,000 lb). It also allows you to operate vehicles in class G. Or a class A (Ontario) any combination of truck/tractor and trailer with a Manufacturer’s Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (MGVWR) of at least 4600 kg; and a full air brake system on both the truck/tractor and trailer.
- Performing pre-trip inspection and post-trip inspections
- Checking slack adjusters and airbrake test
- Making sure load is safe
- Large vehicle driving skills, such as driving in congested streets, backing up skills, and defensive driving skills.
- Small Engine – operating and maintaining small engines, these can include chain saws, lawnmowers, concrete saws, and generators. These engines are the same as you will use in the fire service showing a history and experience with these types of engines is an excellent transferable skill
- Construction- Laborer – saws, hand tools, building knowledge, ladders
- Red Seal – electrician, carpenter, plumber
- Paramedic- There may be new law passed in Ontario allowing ff who are hired with a paramedic background to keep their cert.
- Firefighter- Industrial, volunteer, work experience program, military, wildland
- Big White Fire Department – 75% of our Work Experience members have been hired by career or paid on-call fire departments all across Canada
- Creston Valley http://www.creston.ca/2208/Firefighter-Work-Experience-Program
- Sun Peaks Fire Rescue http://sunpeaksfirerescue.com/work-experience-program/
- Merritt Fire and Rescue http://firerescue.merritt.ca/work-experience-program/
- Heavy equipment operator
- Professional sports
- Pool service
- Transfer service
- Hazardous Materials Tech
- Stand by Rescue – Confined Space Rescue
- St. John Ambulance
- Teach first aid cpr