Website Leduc County Fire Services
|Open Date||Mar 17 2023 – 02:00:00 PM||Close Date||Apr 27 2023 – 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Firefighter||Posting Type||Permanent|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full Time|
|Department Group||Leduc County Fire Services||Hours per Week||42|
|Location||County Centre, 1101 – 5 street, Nisku, AB||Competition||2023-F03|
|Salary Range||Under review|
Leduc County is looking for an experienced and highly motivated Firefighters to join our team. Reporting to the Shift Captain, this exciting opportunity provides fire and emergency response services as a member of the Fire Services team, including medical emergencies and provides medical support within their scope of practice. The firefighter is a contributor to the achievement of the department’s operational deliverables.
We support the employee experience and are dedicated to providing and maintaining a healthy work-life balance and environment for our employees.
Leduc County’s mission is to lead the way for people and business to thrive. Our vision is to create a caring and growing community at the centre of industry and agriculture. Leduc County’s operations are guided through our values of:
Accountability – we look after the best interests of Leduc County citizens.
Integrity – we follow through on our commitments.
Passion – we believe in the good that local government can provide and will carry out our roles in a way that shows the importance of local government.
Responsiveness – we act quickly to provide local programs, services, facilities and amenities that our citizens require.
You are a team and relationship builder who promotes a safe, collaborative and professional work environment. You are committed to continuous improvement, customer service, innovation and supporting Leduc County’s vision of growing a vibrant and spirited community.
You are motivated by your desire and responsibility to help and serve people. You have thorough knowledge of fire emergency scenes and can maintain the physical demands of the job. You’re an adept communicator who thrives in a team environment by encouraging participation and coordinating work. You are comfortable working from heights or within confined spaces.
If you excel working under pressure, and if forward-thinking, problem-solving, strategic planning and quick adaptability to change is second nature to you, keep reading because we want to hear from you!
What you will do
- Responds to emergency incidents and carries out fire duties as assigned.
- Controls fire nozzles or appliances and performs fire hose work (i.e. connecting, loading and moving).
- Works in self-contained breathing apparatus in hazardous areas.
- Operates fire department vehicles, assembles and operates various emergency equipment (i.e. generators, portable pumps, and ladders).
- Provides scene safety.
- Works from heights as required.
- Completes daily inspections and station duties.
- Performs public education and fire prevention activities as assigned.
- Trains as required to maintain safety and competency.
- Adheres to Leduc County’s policies, administrative directives and Fire Services’ Standard Operating Guidelines (SOGs).
- Accountable for working in compliance with the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Act, Regulation and Code and participation in the Health, Safety and Wellness Program.
- Performs related duties as required and assigned.
What you need to succeed
- Minimum of 18 years old.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- A class 5 driver’s license with Q endorsement.
- Certification in National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1001-Level I and II.
- NFPA 1002 Operator, pump, and aerial (or equivalent)
- Minimum First Medical Responder (FMR) medical certificate.
- Two (2) years firefighting experience with a recognized fire department.
- Successful security clearance for the vulnerability sector is required.
- Successfully complete a medical and psychological health assessment.
Nice to have
A class 3 driver’s license with Q endorsement (airbrakes). A combination of education and experience may be considered.
What’s in it for you
Our leadership team values your voice, input and is committed to your growth and success. We are committed to be our best and hire the best!
We offer a competitive annual salary (currently under review), municipal pension plan, three-weeks vacation allocation, and an employer-paid comprehensive benefits package.
The opportunity is permanent full-time and is working shiftwork that will provide 24 hours a day, 7 days a week coverage in the County. The office is located at 101-1101 5 St. Nisku, AB.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted on our website at careers.leduc-county.com to be considered. This opportunity will remain open until April 27, 2023.
We thank all applicants however only those to move to the next step in the recruitment process will be contacted.