Why not book a Firefighter mock interview…but wait who is qualified to give you the best advice on landing your dream career?
Questions to ask…
- You need to know who is conducting the mock interview before you pay your money.
- If they are a plumber giving you advice on your firefighter career interview… think twice… NOT a good idea
- How long have they been conducting firefighter mock interviews?
- Are they certified in Human Resources? Is it what they do or have done for their career?
- Do they work as a firefighter or have in depth knowledge of firefighting? Remember some questions are directly related to the job.
- Listen to word of mouth… if people are recommending someone investigate further
- Ask yourself this question “based on my research can this interview coach give me professional advice on the following
- Behavioural Based Answers – (STAR Method- Competency Based – Specific ways to sell yourself- Do they know and understand all the firefighter competencies and what to look for in your answer?)
- Situational Based Answers – ( Can be directly related to the job.. like chain of command)
- Traditional Based Answers- ( What have you done to prepare- which is a much different answer then in other job interviews)
- Technical Based Answers- (questions like what can you do to prevent a flashover)
- Do they have knowledge of the departments interview process?