Website White Rock Fire Rescue
The City of White Rock takes great pride in being an equal opportunity workplace and is dedicated to fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We recognize that our greatest strengths arise from the individuals who form our teams, and a more vibrant community begins with you! Nestled along the ocean, our boutique community of 20,000 citizens is renowned for its sunny weather, expansive beach, historic pier, delightful restaurants, and a robust sense of community spirit.
White Rock Fire Rescue is actively seeking full-time firefighters with a strong work ethic and a commitment to safety. Our team takes pride in serving the community and understands the crucial role in ensuring residents’ safety. Through programs like Fire Prevention, Public Education, and Emergency Response, we proactively work towards safeguarding life, property, and the environment from fires and emergencies—both natural and man-made. While fire response is a primary function, our responsibilities extend to various emergencies, with a particular emphasis on medical aid.
Requirements (Additional details available in the Recruitment Manual):
- Canadian Citizen; or Landed Immigrant with legal entitlement to work in Canada;
- Successful completion of approved Firefighter Training programs – NFPA 1001 and 472
- A valid BC Emergency Medical Assistants Licensing Board EMR or PCP License;
- A certificate of fitness from Langara College or the University of Victoria completed within the last 365 days
- High School Graduation or equivalent;
- A valid B.C. Driver’s License, Class 3 with Air Endorsement;
- Driver’s abstract must be within the last 30 days.
- Residency requirement – the successful candidate must reside within Area 1 living boundaries no later than 3 months after their start date;
- Applicants under consideration will be required to consent to a Police Information and Vulnerable Sector Check.
Ability to successfully complete a Medical Exam and a First Responder Suitability Assessment:
- Vision and hearing must meet the criteria in NFPA 1582 Chapter 6.
- 20/30 corrected binocular vision and 20/100 uncorrected binocular vision or better Colour and peripheral vision safe for the position of Firefighter;
- Normal unaided hearing.
- First Responder Suitability interview
The City of White Rock offers a competitive compensation package aligned with the IAFF 2407 collective agreement, including comprehensive benefits, providing you the chance to work with an outstanding team. The monthly wage for the first 6 months – IAFF position is $6,060 (2021 rates) with comprehensive benefits offered. If your experience and education have prepared you for success in this role and you are committed to working in a manner that supports a respectful, healthy, and safe environment, we invite you to apply.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and all required documents for consideration by the application deadline.
Application Deadline: 4:30p.m., Monday, February 26, 2024
Further details are outlined in the Recruitment Manual found here.
Submit your application: Apply Here
Recruitment Reference: 2024-08
Thank you for your interest. Only selected applicants will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit www.whiterockcity.ca.