Website Peterborough Fire Services
To be eligible to compete, candidates must meet the following qualifications:
- Successful completion of a Pre-Service Firefighter Education & Training Program at an OFM Endorsed Community College and or NFPA 1001 level I & II
- Ontario Fire Administration Inc (OFAI) Candidate Testing (CTS) – Certificates for Stage One, Stage Two and Stage Three
- Successful completion of OFAI swim test
- Grade 12 education or equivalent as approved by the Ministry of Education
- Valid Ontario “D” Driver’s License with “Z” endorsement: Must have attained at time of application. Must have no more than 4 demerit points in a single violation, OR no more than a total of 5 demerit points. Proof of valid driver’s license with DZ endorsement and a driver’s abstract will be required at the time of offer
- Pleasure Craft License
- Must have no criminal convictions for which a pardon has not been granted. (Proof of a clear criminal reference check will be required as a condition of an employment offer)
- Valid Standard First Aid with Basic Life Support Certificate or Health Care Provider Certificate
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Speak, read, and write English proficiently and communicate clearly and precisely under demanding conditions
- Visual requirements in accordance to NFPA 1582: https://www.ofai.ca/candidate-testing-information/stage-two-vision-assessment
- Hearing requirements as per OFAI standards
Candidates must be prepared to work 24-hour shifts including weekends and holidays.
Overview of the Recruitment Process
The Recruitment process will consist of several steps as outlined below. Candidates must successfully pass through all steps of the recruitment process in order to proceed to each consecutive step.
The recruitment process will identify successful candidates for our hiring needs.
Contact the City of Peterborough, People and Culture Division by telephone at 705-742-7777 ext. 1770 or email Kathy Rochon.
To apply for this job please visit www.peterborough.ca.