Website Merritt Fire Rescue
Our department takes pride in welcoming WEP (Work Experience Program) firefighters from different regions, as they seek valuable experience and skill enhancement. These dedicated individuals play a vital role in providing an essential service to the City of Merritt. Moreover, our department serves as a critical bridge, helping them transition from their pre-fire service training to achieving their ultimate aspiration of securing a position in a career fire department.
• Canadian Citizen or Landed Immigrant.
• High School Graduate
• 19 years of age or older.
• NFPA 1001 – Firefighter I & II or equivalent certification.
• In-depth personal record check.
• Driver’s License with Air Brake Endorsement, favourable driver’s abstract with no more than 3 demerit points.
• Doctor’s Medical Clearance or Certificate of Fitness; Fit Tech, CPAT, or York
• Commitment to a 12-month Work Experience Program.
• Criminal Record check
• First Responder Level 3
• Occupational First Aid Level 3
• Emergency Medical Responder
• Primary Care Paramedic or equivalent
• Previous firefighting or other related work
• Technical, Trades or equivalent level
• Post-Secondary Academic Diploma
Consent for Criminal Record Check is to be submitted to your local authority having jurisdiction (RCMP, Provincial, or Municipal Police). Forms for Criminal
To apply for this job please visit www.merritt.ca.