Website Chestermere Fire Services
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – FULL TIME FIREFIGHTER
OPEN until filled
Chestermere Fire Services (CFS) proudly protects one of Canada’s fastest growing cities and is built on three pillars – Pride, Professionalism, and Proficiency. Starting as a volunteer service that served the Summer Village of Chestermere, the department has evolved into a full-time, multi-faceted core that is honored to care for the city, its citizens and surrounding areas. CFS fire crews are the first on scene at residential and commercial structure fires, medical emergencies, motor vehicle accidents, aquatic emergencies, hazardous material incidents and technical rescue calls. Our team is on a relentless pursuit of training and skill development to ensure we continue to offer a premium level of service and care to our community.
CFS currently has ONE (1) Full Time Firefighter vacancy and ONE (1) 12 month contract based on a shift pattern of 4 days on and 4 days off to join our team. As a member of the community safety team, this position provides working level emergency fire and prevention and rescue expertise, providing excellent service to members of the community. This includes, but is not limited to: Emergency fire and medical response Continual training and growth Fire prevention, inspections, and community outreach Equipment operations and maintenance Administrative duties as assigned
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of this position.
Minimum Required Education and Experience:
- Grade 12 or GED supplemented by recognized technical training
- NFPA 1001 Level II Certification
- NFPA 1072 HazMat Awareness & Operations
- Valid Standard First Aid CPR C or BLS and AED Certifications
- Graduate from an EMR and/or FMR program (or higher level of medical training
Required Certifications and/or Documentation:
- Unrestricted Alberta Class 3/4 Q (or higher) – Commercial Driver’s License with Air Brake Endorsement
- GDL not accepted Current five (5) year driver’s abstract with minimal infractions
- Pleasure Craft Operator’s License
Expected Skills and Attributes:
- Capable to complete the fireground physical assessment
- Capable to complete the minimum swimming test
- Clear Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector checks deemed satisfactory by the city
Additional Nice to Have Qualifications:
- Additional medical training (Primary Care Paramedic, Advanced Care Paramedic, ITLS)
- Additional IFSAC / Pro-Board certifications
- Safety Codes training / certification Incident command training
- NFPA 1002 – Driving & Maintenance
- NFPA 1002 – Pumping Operations
- ACP registration not required
- Trade certificates Post-secondary education
- Previous firefighting experience
Why the City of Chestermere?
Not only will you be working with and alongside top talent, you will be entering into an amazing internal culture. The City of Chestermere believes in supporting its employees holistically. We offer attractive pension and benefits plans, and so much more. What’s more? Visit www.chestermere.ca/amazing to find out.
The City of Chestermere welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
Submit a cover letter and your resume referencing the position applying for to:
City of Chestermere
105 Marina Road Chestermere, Alberta T1X 1V7
Note: The City appreciates receiving applications from all qualified individuals, however, only those applicants who are short-listed for an interview will be contacted.